Different properties, lithium iron phosphate battery: lithium ion battery with lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode material; ternary lithium battery: the positive electrode material of lithium battery is nickel cobalt lithium manganate or nickel cobalt lithium aluminate ternary positive electrode material.
With the vigorous development of the new energy vehicle industry, the development of the domestic battery industry is booming. As the core part of electric vehicles, the configuration of the power battery plays a crucial role. At present, the types of batteries selected by various auto OEMs on the market are roughly divided into two types, one is a ternary lithium battery, and the other is a lithium iron phosphate battery. The difference between the two is as follows.
First, the nature is different:
1. Lithium iron phosphate battery: a lithium ion battery with lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode material.
2. Ternary lithium battery: The positive electrode material of the lithium battery is a ternary positive electrode material of nickel cobalt lithium manganate or nickel cobalt lithium aluminate.
Second, the main materials are different:
1. Lithium iron phosphate battery: Lithium ion battery cathode materials mainly include lithium cobalt acid, lithium manganese acid, lithium nickel acid, ternary materials, lithium iron phosphate, etc. Among them, lithium cobalt oxide is the cathode material of most lithium-ion batteries.
2. Ternary lithium battery: The ternary composite positive electrode material is made of nickel salt, cobalt salt and manganese salt as raw materials, and the ratio of nickel, cobalt and manganese can be adjusted according to actual needs.
Three, different applications:
1. Lithium iron phosphate battery: large electric vehicles: buses, electric vehicles, sightseeing vehicles and hybrid vehicles, etc.; light electric vehicles: electric bicycles, golf carts, small flat-panel battery cars, forklifts, cleaning vehicles, electric wheelchairs, etc. ; Power tools: electric drills, chainsaws, lawn mowers, etc.
2. Ternary lithium battery: widely used in mobile and wireless electronic equipment, power tools, hybrid and electric vehicles and other fields.