Power lithium battery refers to the battery that provides power for transportation, generally relative to the small battery that provides energy for portable electronic equipment; while ordinary lithium battery is a kind of lithium metal or lithium alloy as the negative electrode material, using non-aqueous The primary battery of the electrolyte solution is different from the rechargeable battery. The lithium ion battery is different from the lithium ion polymer battery. The battery is different: In the case of new batteries, use a discharge meter to test the battery capacity. Generally, the capacity of power lithium batteries is about 1000-1500mAh; while the capacity of ordinary lithium batteries is above 2000mAh, and some can reach 3400mAh.
A 4200mAh power lithium battery can discharge the power in just a few minutes, but ordinary lithium batteries can’t do it at all, so the discharge capacity of ordinary lithium batteries is completely incomparable with power lithium batteries. The biggest difference between a power lithium battery and an ordinary lithium battery is its large discharge power and high specific energy. Since the power lithium battery is mainly used for vehicle energy supply, it has a higher discharge power than ordinary batteries.
The characteristics of lithium power battery are explained as follows:
(1) The operating voltage of a single battery is as high as 3.7V, which is 3 times that of nickel-cadmium batteries and nickel-hydrogen batteries, and nearly twice that of lead-acid batteries. This is also an important reason for the higher energy ratio of lithium power batteries. Therefore, when composing a power battery pack with the same voltage, the number of lithium power batteries used in series will be much less than that of lead-acid batteries and nickel-hydrogen batteries.
(2) Light weight and large specific energy, up to 150Wh/Kg, which is twice as much as Ni-MH batteries and 4 times as much as lead-acid batteries, so the weight is one-third to one-fourth that of lead-acid batteries with the same energy. From this perspective, lithium battery consumes less resources, and because the reserves of elements used in lithium manganate batteries are relatively large, the price of lead-acid and nickel-hydrogen batteries may be further increased, and the cost of lithium power batteries will be further reduced.
(3) The volume is small, up to 400Wh/L, and the volume is one-half to one-third of the lead-acid battery. Provides a more reasonable structure and more beautiful appearance design conditions, design space and possibilities. At this stage, due to the limitations of the volume and weight of lead-acid batteries, designers’ design ideas are greatly restricted, resulting in the current stage of electric bicycles in the structure and appearance of “a thousand vehicles on one side”, similar and monotonous.
(4) Long cycle life, up to 1000 cycles. In terms of capacity retention of 60%, the number of 100% charging and discharging cycles of the battery pack can reach more than 600 times, the service life can reach 3-5 years, and the lifespan is about two to three times that of lead-acid batteries. With technological innovation and equipment improvement, the battery life will be longer and the cost performance will be higher and higher.
(5) The self-discharge rate is low, less than 5% per month.
(6) The allowable working temperature range is wide, and the low temperature performance is good. The lithium power battery can work between -20℃～+55℃, especially suitable for low temperature use, while the aqueous solution battery (such as lead-acid battery, nickel-hydrogen battery) at low temperature , The performance will be greatly reduced due to the deterioration of electrolyte fluidity.
(7) There is no memory effect, so there is no need to discharge like nickel-cadmium batteries and nickel-hydrogen batteries before each charge, and it can be charged anytime and anywhere. The depth of battery charge and discharge has little effect on the life of the battery. It can be fully charged and fully discharged. Our cycle test is fully charged and fully discharged.