Lithium batteries or lead-acid batteries for electric vehicles?
With the support of national policies and the introduction of new national standards for electric vehicles, the development of lithium batteries has ushered in huge opportunities, but we cannot generalize. Before we make a final decision, let’s take a look at their pros and cons.
Which lithium battery or lead-acid battery is more suitable for electric vehicles?
Compared with lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries have a higher average voltage and energy density. In other words, a lithium battery of the same size has a larger capacity. In addition, lithium batteries are relatively light, easy to carry, and have a relatively long lifespan. In addition, lithium batteries are more adaptable to high and low temperatures, are less affected by temperature factors, and are more environmentally friendly.
Of course, lithium batteries also have three shortcomings. Their safety and stability are relatively poor. If they are not handled properly, they are prone to explosion risks. In addition, lithium batteries cannot discharge large currents, have high production requirements, and have high costs.
Compared with lithium batteries, lead-acid batteries are relatively cheap and easier to be accepted by the public. In addition, lead-acid batteries have a better high rate of discharge. Most importantly, lead-acid batteries are more expensive to recycle than lithium batteries. However, lead-acid batteries also have their own shortcomings, such as heavy metals easily pollute the environment; compared with lithium batteries, lead-acid batteries have a lower energy density. And its service life is not as long as that of lithium batteries.
In short, the emergence of lithium battery products has achieved the development of the electric vehicle industry, but to replace lead-acid batteries, the technology must achieve a high degree of matching, while improving cost performance, and being accepted by more people.
Which lithium battery for electric vehicles is better?
1. Each high-quality lithium battery is under consistent control! All battery scan codes are sorted on the sorting device, and the computer automatically records the capacity, internal resistance, and voltage of each battery according to the content of the scan code. Secondly, all single batteries are spray type capacity, wH, barcode, batch number, and traceable production date code.
2. The high-quality lithium battery is connected to the battery string with the most advanced spot welding equipment in China. The spot welding position and current are monitored by computer setting parameters.
3. Each group of high-quality lithium batteries uses domestic advanced aging equipment to perform 100% aging sub-capacity test on the finished product. When the following two conditions occur, the battery will not be shipped. First, when the battery capacity has been cycled for 3 weeks, if it drops by more than 0.02%, it will not be shipped. When the high temperature aging voltage (voltage drop) has a large difference, the voltage between each string of a group of batteries will not be shipped if the voltage exceeds 15mv.
4. High-quality lithium battery, supports the most advanced BMS protection system, and has research and development patents. Effectively prevent the electronic components in the protection system from waterproofing, high temperature resistance, oxidation, impact and other functions, and protection during the normal use of lithium batteries (overcharge, overdischarge, short circuit, undervoltage, overcurrent, temperature control).
When you charge an electric car lithium battery for the first time, what do you need to pay attention to?
1. The first charging time of the car lithium battery. Since the car battery has never been charged and discharged when not in use in the factory, it is necessary to ensure the normal operation of the battery. Generally speaking, the charging time is about 5-6 hours, so that the battery can be fully charged, and the charging point should be longer after use.
2. After the first charge, although it is not the first time to charge, but the second is a new car, then you can make a battery when the power is about to run out, and then charge for a long time, the charge can be maintained for 8-9 or 10 hours , In order to make the battery chemistry make a complete cycle.
3. When the battery car is charged for the first time, the charger may quickly generate heat, and the heat is very high. Therefore, especially in summer, the charger is not easy to heat and burn objects when charging, and it is best not to put it in the seat of the battery. Prevent fire.