Many of today’s electronic systems are backed up or run exclusively from solar power and batteries. Equipment such as closed-circuit surveillance systems, remote alarms and environmental monitoring systems may require DC (direct current) power storage. For the last few decades, Absorbant Glass Mat (AGM) lead acid batteries were the go-to product. AGM batteries were considered the most viable battery solution despite their consistently mediocre performance and unimpressive results. The challenges for these batteries are temperature extremes, weight, size and life span.
Many systems require annual battery replacement to ensure reliability. Often, the labor cost for replacing AGM batteries exceeds the cost of the product itself. The risks and hazards associated with frequent battery changes are also high with this technology.
LifePO4 Offers A Better Battery Solution
Consider the following benefits of choosing LifePO4 (lithium iron phosphate) batteries for your energy needs:
- LifePO4 batteries have a life span 10 times longer than that of traditional lead acid batteries. This dramatically reduces the need for battery changes.
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries operate with much lower resistance and consequently recharge at a faster rate.
- LifeP04 lightweight batteries are lighter than lead acid batteries, usually weighing about 1/4 less.
- LifeP04 provides twice the battery capacity in the same amount of space.
- With operating ranges from -40 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit, LifePO4 batteries handle far wider variations in temperature.
Lithium iron phosphate batteries are also environmentally friendly and safe for use in any system. Other advantages of LifeP04 technology include upper and lower voltage protection, dead short and reverse polarity protection, and a flame-retardant chemistry.
When deciding between lead acid and lithium-ion technology, the better option is clear. Lithium iron phosphate batteries serve your needs most efficiently and power your electronic systems with reliability for many years to come.